Tuesday 17 December 2013

Gift Guide For The Fancy-Ass Makeup Lover

I may be a little late to the gift guide party, as usual, but this is a good one!  
If there's a makeup afficianado in your life, or you want to give someone some hints for what to leave under the tree for you, these are Ah-May-Zing choices!
Try not to slobber while reading the rest of this post, it's not a good look. Not easy though!
First I have the Mac Masterclass Brush in Oval 6.  $50.50
This brush shape is like nothing that we're used to. The oval head has dense, synthetic bristles which are "perfect for buffing in foundation, blush, and powder" according to the MAC website.  
My Wishes:  I would LOVE with a capital L to use this baby to apply a BB cream and cream bronzer as a contour. 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder
Diffused Light (one of six shades)  $52.00
This line of powders are faboosh because each one mimics the effect of different types of lighting on the skin. The finishes range from moonlight, or candlelight to a gentle morning sunlight and more. Sign a sister up!
My Wishes: Diffused Light mimics the light of a soft camera light, which softens lines, blotches, and redness. It also has a less sparkly finish than some, so you don't look like a knock-off Twilight vampire!
Yves Saint Lauren Rouge Volupte Lipstick 
Forbidden Burgundy  $39.00
I have been dying to get my paws on one of these beauties since they came out!  The formula has an SPF of 15, is intensely pigmented, and contains YSL's "Colour-Shine Complex" which leaves lips smooth, plump and radiant. All that and a light, yet silky texture. 
My Wishes: Had me at plump!  The colour is a rich and vampy shade of burgundy that still feels feminine too!  
I would adore whoever left these under my tree, or in my stocking!
Wouldn't you???!!!
Let my know your wishes!!

Donna Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment