Wednesday 7 August 2013

What Looks to Rock This Fall, and How to Try Them Tomorrow!

One of the most exciting times of the year for me is when the fall makeup collections come out. 
I love the richness of the hues, and the textures!  
I want to wear them immediately. 
This very second. 
So I'm going to!
I'm of the mind that every shade can be transitional. It's all in the application, and placement of the product. 
Lets discuss some fall trends, shall we?
Eyeshadow is still all about colour!  Two of the biggest trends on the fall runways were orange-tones and deep purple shades. Both look fresh when used in a smokey eye, or as a sheer wash over the eye. The most modern shades, in my opinion, were the glossy copper at Givenchy, and the rich prune at Gucci. 
Above, I have a few shades that are going to be great applied in a wash over the entire eye now, and then up the intensity when it cools down. 

Bottom left to top right:
Lancôme Colour Design in Model, Estée Lauder PureColor in Smokey, Lancôme Colour Design in Spontaneous. 

Next, I'm going to speak about grey. Glorious grey. Grey is HUGE this fall!  What makes it new this year is the softness of it. It was sheer, but very impactful at Alexander Wang. For now, soften a cat eye, by using a charcoal in place of black. 
Lips are going to be wine, wine, wine. All the way from berry to plum. The look is very textural, either matte, stained or ultra-glossy, but quite opaque. Derek Lam showed a beautiful stain on his runway. One of the prettiest effects of the season was a stain which focused most of the colour in the centre of the lip creating a soft diffuse colour toward the outer edges. So very pretty!


Top: 
Lancôme Le Rouge Absolu in Merlot
Bottom Left to Right:
Clarins Mono in Urban Grey, Covergirl Naturelux GlossBalm in 245 Pinot

I'm beyond excited for some new in my makeup repertoire!!!!
How about you?

Donna Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment