Wednesday 9 July 2014

Summer Cheeks With Maybelline New York

To me, the perfect summer cheek is dewy and softly sculpted.  Since I don't get too tanned, I always like to have a bit of bronzer and blush to give me a healthy glow.
Usually I reach for a powder bronzer, but with my skin being all wonky lately I found myself in dire need of a cream version.
I happened to be in Shoppers for, razors or something like that, when the Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze Blush and Bronzer Sticks caught my eye.  I had been talking to someone about them and she said they were worth a look, so I grabbed one.
I'm really glad I did!


I fell in love with the Dream Bouncy Blush last year, and let me tell you, these two little beauties make for an outstanding duo!
The Master Glaze is a sheer, buildable cream in stick form.  The texture is comfortable due to the inclusion of shea butter, and the finish is a pretty pearlescence.  The application is easy-peasy too!  Swipe and blend, that's it!
The shade I picked up is called Subtle Bronze.  It's a limited edition shade from the Bleached Neons Collection, but there is a permanent shade in the collection that's close.  I love the way it blends under the cheekbone and around the jawline for a soft contour.  It's also very pretty worn on the cheek alone!
The Dream Bouncy Blushes are the most irresistible pans of colour!  The texture is airy and frothy feeling with a wonderful satiny finish on the skin.  Again, the colour is quite sheer, but it builds well.  The cheek is left with a lovely luminescence for some dimension rather than shimmer particles or glitter.
Candy Coral is a fun, bright orangey coral that wears well on most skin tones.  It's just the most ideal summer shade!  I can't wait to get my paws on a few more going into fall!


Both of these beauties can be applied with fingers, or a sponge, but, I find the best thing to use is a brush.  Either a flat blending brush, or a duo-fibre brush works beautifully.  I'm in love with the brushes from Sonia Kashuk, which I discuss here.  The quality of these brushes are phenomenal, especially for the price!
Earlier this week I had the pleasure of writing a post for Elaine of Toronto Beauty Reviews on my Summer Essentials, and Man Alive, was it hard to narrow it down!  I am absolutely going to add this blush/bronzer combo to the list!
What do summer cheeks mean to you?

Donna Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment