Friday 4 July 2014

Travel Musts: Kimonos and Sky Blue Nails!

Happy Canada Day Week and July Fourth Week everybody!
I hope everyone is rested and fed and patriotic.
Usually around this time of year, travelling is on everyone's mind.
Summer's here, school's out, and when the temperature rises we all itch to get away.
Even me!  And, I just might do it!
My family is from Scotland, and I have a lot of relatives still over there.  Up until I was 21, I went over every year with my Mom.  After that, she got too sick to travel, and I haven't been back since.
If you haven't been to Scotland, what are you waiting for?  The scenery is breathtaking, and the people are amazing!  You'll never laugh harder during a taxi ride than one you take in Glasgow.  "Glesga Folk" are witty and down-to-earth, and genuine, and robust.  It's a great combo!
In a few weeks, I just may be there!  So exciting!
Earlier in the week, my In Flight Essentials for Fresh Skin were featured on Fashion Translated, so we know what will be on my face during the flight, and here I'll talk about a few things that need to come along in the suitcase!
The first thing that everyone needs, no matter where you're going, is a kimono!  This is a huge trend this year.
A kimono looks just as great with jean shorts as it does with a maxi dress, along with everything in between!  They can be found everywhere this year, but one of the best places to get one is Forever 21.  The selection is fantastic!  Since I'm petite, I need one that is on the shorter side so I don't look like I'm drowning in it, but taller ladies are looked after too with longer options available.  I love a rich print, which will carry me right into fall.

A vacation in the summer absolutely calls for bright nails!  Essie's Strut Your Stuff fills that bill in spades!  Its a bright cerulean blue that looks wonderful with summer skin of all shades.  It applies quite nicely in two coats for the most part, and the finish is rich and true.  I'm desperately in love with this polish.  I had it on my nails within minutes of walking in my door!  It's that good!  Check out Essie here.
These are just two of my travel musts, I could go on for days with this!  A good bronzer, a big cozy scarf, and fits-like-a-glove jeans are all on the list too!
What do you not vacay without?
 
Donna Xoxo
 
PS - For the month of July, I will be keeping a Lipstick Diary.  Each day, I'll have a different lipstick, gloss, or balm on Instagram here, and Twitter here.  Follow me at #JulyLippyLove!  

No comments:

Post a Comment