Friday 22 June 2012

Summer Suncare Secrets! (Shoot me now, I sound like Courtney Stodden)

Happy Weekend! I don't know about your neck of the woods, but where I am is scorching! We had temperatures of 40ish when humidity is factored in,for two days running, and the rest of the time has been 25-30, which is like mercy compared to the alternative. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. I'll take this any day and twice on Sunday over rain or the "s" word! (and I don't mean sex or snuggles!)
Here's something you don't know about me. I'm a pale baby! I start summer a shade of light blue! I have stumbled onto a few secret weapons that I swear by, and when I brought them out with me today I thought I should share with the class!
The best facial sunscreen I have ever used is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water-Light in SPF 60. This little bottle of wonderful is so comfortable to wear! It has a really fluid texture which goes on like a dream, and feels great even under makeup. I loathe the feeling of a thick sunscreen on my face on its own, let alone layered. I'd rather jab my eye out than wear an extra layer on my face in this heat, but, we have to do what we have to do and this makes life so much easier!
My new lip savior is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 in "Rose". This spectacular balm has the creamiest, smoothest texture. (Can you tell I have a texture fetish?). It leaves the prettiest pink shade on the lips, while the SPF is perfect for summer days. It may not be enough for hanging by the beach, or the pool, but, for a drink on a patio it's perfect!
As for the other summer staple pictured, I have been sucked into Game of Thrones hook, line, and sinker! Show, books, it makes no difference!
Ahhh! I do love me some chill time!
I'd love to hear any summer must-haves you keep hidden!

Donna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment