I'm just a girl standing in front of a lipstick, asking it to love her.....

Friday, 27 July 2012

Guess Who's Got News, and Avon Vs The Beauty Blender. (The Grudge Match!).

Hey Peeps! How are my lovelies?
I've been on a short hiatus due to a hand injury, (tendonitis sucks FYI!) and a broken computer! Ray's a video game player, for reasons best known to his almost 40 year-old self, and he looked like someone had taken his heroin, while the computer was gone! I thought I'd have to sedate him so he'd make it through his jones!
He made it through with hardly a scratch, and I'm back in the shack!
I do have some news that i should share with everyone! I'm getting married in November! After eight years, it's about time we had the big shin-dig! It's going to be so fun! I'm thinking a vampy Liz Taylor look. I'll be posting a couple of pics soon, and I'd love to hear what you think!
I always think that the most important part of a special occasion look is the skin. Without a great canvas, the rest just won't look right. I've been looking at the Beauty Blender Make-up Sponge for a while, and the idea of it intrigues me! I'm not, however, willing to spend almost thirty dollars on something that might not be any different than a Dollar Store special.
Imagine my excitement when I came across the Avon Precision Grip Sponge!
What makes the Beauty Blender unique is the egg-shape. The bottom is wider for large areas, and the tapered top is geared for smaller, more delicate areas like the undereye, or nostrils. The Avon version is similar, but has a groove in the middle. This does make it easier to maneuver.
I actually love the finish I get with this sponge. The bottom is slightly flat, so the foundation gets really buffed into the skin. The texture of the sponge doesn't suck up too much product, leaving a finish that isn't all streaky or cakey. The pointy side fits nicely into the hollow of the eye for concealer application, but I love using it for a creamy hilighter in there. It's great for hilighter at the top of the cheekbone too. Again, buff it right in!
Overall, this was a nice little surprise! It goes for about $6.99, so the price couldn't be any better! I think the Beauty Blender would probably be a good investment, but until I win the lottery I'm going to stick with this Bad Boy!

Donna. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment