Sunday 16 June 2013

Sunset Eyes!

Hey Kids!  
I don't know about where you are, but we have finally had some summer sun!  A little rain was thrown in so we don't think we're too fancy, but at this very moment, it feels like summer!
Days like this make me want to have dinner outside and drink mojitos!  
All while looking glamorous, of course!
This is where the "sunset eye" comes into play. A friend did this look on me a few years ago and I loved it! (Thanks Jenny G!)
It's basically a smoky eye with a few tweaks in the technique, and colour choices. 
Think of the eye in three separate sections. 
After applying the base of your choice, start with a bright gold on the lid. 
Blend a bronze, or copper onto the outer third of the eyelid, and blend a hot pink, into the inner third. 
The colours need to be separate on the lid, but it should look like they melt into each other!  
I applied the hot pink around the entire eye,  as its very on trend. It's also a lot of fun!
Finish it off with a soft pink or white hilight under the brow bone and that's that!
It can be as vibrant  or as soft as you like.  The gold in the centre brings a lightness to the eye, while the pink is unexpected. Keep the rest of the face relatively soft. I did a sculpted cheek, and a nude lip. 
If I'm out for the evening, I tend to do a fun eye and soft lip, simply for the easiness factor. I'm not one to spend all night touching up my lip colour. I like to throw on some gloss, or balm through the night and go!
What's your fave "date" look?  Do tell!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment