Tuesday 8 April 2014

Lancome and Lupita

How much do we love Lupita Nyong'o?  How much do we love Lancôme? 
I was so excited when I heard that these two spectacular entities have joined together, and I cannot wait to see what comes next! 
I may have wet myself a bit. 
Don't judge me!
A small smattering of my Lancôme collection.
 
It's no secret that I am a huge lover of Lancôme. 
I've worked for Lancôme, I've used their skin care and makeup since I was a teenager, and it still amazes me how beautiful and innovative the product continues to be! 
One look at my blog posts, here, and it's pretty clear that no one does a lip quite like Lancôme.  In honour of Lupita joining Lancôme, I'm going to discuss my favorite lip look.  I've featured this lippy before, but it's so good that it deserves another go round!

 
The Colour Design line of lipsticks are a wonderful burst of pigment in different finishes, and textures.  This particular lipstick was in a gift a while ago, which is why the packaging is different than usual. Fuchsia Clutch is a satiny magenta pink that's bright and really, really girlie!  It's not available any longer, but Intense Fuchsia is much the same.  The Le Crayon Liner in Berry is creamy and rich, which acts as a beautiful base for the colour. 
There are a few steps to get the best wear from this lip look:
 
1- Scrub the dryness off  your pout gently with either a baby toothbrush, some sugar and a drop of oil, or a lip scrub like the one from Fresh or Lush.  Sooo yummy!
2-A thin coat of balm that's been blotted will make everything smoother and better!  It always does!
3-Fill the whole lip with liner.  That keeps everything anchored, increasing wear time and keeps the finish consistent.
4-Get that lippy on! From the tube, or with a brush.  Either way!  Blot, and add another coat for added richness to the colour and better wear.
 
A bright lipcolour feels fun doesn't it?  It just lights up the whole face! 
I can't leave you without a picture of the lady whom served as the inspiration for this post, as well as many other beauty choices I've made lately.  I think Lupita Nyong'o feels like a breath of fresh air in the celebrity world!  She's unafraid of colour, elegance and she does it all with the most amazing short hair!  Lupita, I adore you!!!!
 
How can you not?
 
Donna Xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment