Friday 14 February 2014

Soft And Pretty Radiant Orchid Eyes! Some Lancome Love

I always find this time of year can be a little awkward as far as makeup goes.  I'm sooooo over winter, but I still have to wear boots and heavy sweaters.  I just cant rock a turquoise eye look and a furry boot at the same time! 
I really want to though!
Instead, I'm going to do something soft and pretty.  Thank you Radiant Orchid!
Along with Pantone's exclamation of this year's colour, came a myriad of purple shades!
Just in time!
 
 
I started with Lancôme's Brightening Palette in Lavender Grace.  I applied the base colour all over, and the shimmery lilac shade on the lid.  For a contour, I used Lancôme's Colour Design Zip Me Up since I wanted something with some warmth to the shade.  I went back to the palette for the liner.  It's a really pretty violet which I applied close to the lash lines just to anchor the whole look.  A little definition, not drama, is what I'm after!
I did a sheer rosey blush, and a soft hilight for a glowy finish to the skin.  I used L'Oreal's new Extraordinaire liquid lipstick in Purple Prelude for a sheer mauve stain on the lips.  I really like the new hybrid formula lip gloss\balms that are hitting the shelves these days!  I'll be talking about this in a post soon.  I have to get a Maybelline Elixir in my arsenal first so I can make a more informed discussion.  (I'm so full of it, I just want one, really!  Whatever gets me through the day!)
 
Just to switch it up a bit, I added some bubblegum pink shadow to the lid, and changed the lip to a sheer petal pink.  The shadow is Lancôme Colour Design in Makeover and the lipstick is Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in Air Kiss.  Pretty too, non?

Ladies, if you haven't used Lancôme shadows, you have to do it immediately!  They have such a great formula!  The texture is smooth with an ah-may-zing colour payoff.  The price point is only a bit higher than a MAC shadow, and the texture is worlds apart.  It's really worth it to take a look next time you need a shadow.
What do you guys do to cheer yourselves up when winter feels like it will never end?
And, yes, I'm having my hair coloured this weekend.  The grey is out of control!  It's terrifying how little brown is left under all the red!  Next time you see me, I'll be my fiery redheaded self again.
 
Donna Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment